Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Dies unus

Here I am in Italia. The journey was long and arduus and I still haven't caught up on sleep. So far I've helped an Italian lady carry about eight pieces of luggage, been given wrong directions on perpose and made a taxi driver nervous about getting lost. The people here are nice. I'm pretty much at the bottom of the heap when it comes to speaking ability. We're only aloud to speak in Latin, so it gets frustrating not being able to communicate with people. I guess I should give it more than one day. Today we wen't to a an archeological site called Paestum which was originally a Greek town and then was taken over by the Romans. There were three temples which were bene conservata and huge. It was amazing. I forgot my camera, so sorry for no pics. I miss you all a lot.

PETRVS :: 4:05 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Sounds great, Pete! I'm glad it's going well, and I'm sure the speaking will be better before you know it. Next time, don't forget your camera!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 8:07 PM #
 

"arduus"? Your Latin is already rubbing off on yr English.

Hang in there, pal! I know how you feel. Watch. After each week you'll look back and be astounded at yr progress,though it feels so slow in the day to day routines.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 9:52 PM #
 

Sweet Italia! Now go put your foot up
in some latin, boy.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 10:12 PM #
 

Oh yeah. Also, check out chroniclesof curl.blogspot.com.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 10:48 PM #
 

we miss you, too, pete! you'll be fine. thanks for updating us so fast! ;-)

Posted by Blogger becki @ 10:43 AM #
 

I'm here (in the blog!) and watching the amazing adventure unfold! Did you finish the book yet and find out what happens?
I noticed the same thing Jeannette did.
mdiber

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 12:39 PM #
 
<< Home